What's in my bag?

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Aloha Hoaloha,
 This past week has been so great. College is going really well (a lot of work though) but still really well in and in general has been great. Last Tuesday I went to a Student Lock-in and got some great stuff which I may do a post about next week as part of a Collective Haul (thoughts on this?). But for now I have a 'Whats in my bag' post for you guys. I will also try to add the links for certain items in the image description.  


My everyday use bag is the H&M black handbag with a should strap. I personally think the bag looks a lot like the Zara City Office Girl Bag, but is better in price and more is sturdy. (If sturdy is what you like). It has a zip running across the top and also press studs on the side which allows the bag to become more spacious. (If you need it.) Although it is not  sectioned like the Zara bag, it does still have a zip pocket on the inside and two other pockets.  It is genuinely a great bag for the price of £29.99.
So the first thing I have in my bag is my college work. I normally carry my sketch pads or folders in a seperate bag (usually my primark canvas bag) just to even out the weight of my bags and so it doesn't damage my handbag (weight wise). One thing I do carry in my handbag though is my Minnie Mouse pencil case. It is full to the brim with pencils, pens, rubbers, scissors, glue, staplers and just any stationary you can think of really. I find it really helpful to have this on me at all times, because you never really know when you will need some scissors or a pen. Especially being a fashion and design student.

Memory Sticks are a must have! There is not one day in college that I have come across I havent used my memory stick. Most days I will forget my Sunderland College one because I have left it in my computer from doing work the night before. Which is why I carry my back up memory stick. I find saving work on both of the sticks is very handy if you have a terrible memory like me!

I always carry my glasses around (if I am not wearing them). I need to wear them for most parts of the day so it is best to always have them in my handbag.

iPhone chargers are always a great thing to carry around with you because if your like me and are constantly playing candy crush or listening to music on your phone, your battery dies so quickly. More than often I will find somewhere in college I can plug my phone in or if I am out and about I will find somewhere like Starbucks where I can quickly put my phone on charge while re-freshing with a Caramel Cream Frappuccino. Another handy thing to have it headphone. Although mine are very worn they are still great to have when your just getting on with some work in your own little work with your music. Or for bus journeys so I can listen to Demi Lovato, Oasis, Paloma Faith and so on..

My purse is another important thing in my handbag. My purse is from Asos and was about £15 I think. I normally keep paracetamols and my house key in my purse as well as cards and money. 
Asos studded purse - http://www.asos.com//Asos/Asos-Zip-Around-Purse-With-Enamel-Stud/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2902450
Important cards I keep in my purse are ones like my provision driving license, student card, bus pass, student discount card and my donor card. (my bank card also~ but only for emergencies).

As I mentioned before I always keep my house key in my purse because I find I always forget my house key and am locked out the one day I forget to take it. Having it in my purse means I (hopefully) don't loose it or forget it.

Other things I find are good to have with my are products like Garnier Mineral Deodorant, perfumes (ususally Marc Jacobs Daisy or Paco Rabanne Black XS), Hand Sanitizer and a lint roller (I always end up with threads all over me and the end of a college day)
Daisy By Marc Jacobs- http://www.theperfumeshop.com/fcp/product/fragrances/-/Daisy/2631?sku=1062967
Black XS by Paco Rabanne http://www.boots.com/en/Paco-Rabanne-Black-XS-for-Her-Eau-de-Toilette-50ml_48045/
Beauty products I have are normally lip balms like the Baby Lips (Cherry Me, Pink Punch or Peach Kiss)  or Rosebud Salve. I also like to have to different options of lipsticks so I always carry Rimmel London's Lasting Finish By Kate (Moss) in Kiss of Life (111) which is a matte red. I think was about £5. And the other is YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in a dark plum burgundy colour. I always have a hair brush with me aswell. My hairbrush is super cute being Rupunzel. I also normally carry my Tangle Teezer. But I think I have left it at my dads (oopsies) having been there at the weekend. Tangle Teezers are great however and I would really recommend them to anyone who does not have one already! Mine is from Boots and is in pink costing £10.99
Kate Moss Lipstick - http://www.superdrug.com/rimmel/rimmel-kate-moss-matte-lipstick-kiss-of-life/invt/541665&bklist=
Baby Lips - http://www.superdrug.com/lips/maybelline-baby-lips-balm-cherry-me/invt/706863&bklist=
Tangle Teezer - http://www.boots.com/en/Tangle-Teezer-Pink_1000439/
Having a jotta pad with me always is great because you are always given something to jot down in college. Wether it is homework or just notes from a class. It's a good idea to have a jotta pad handy.
Pukka Pad - http://www.staples.co.uk/paper-notebooks-cards/notebooks-pads/fashion-lifestyle/project-book-a4-pad
Im a big reader so if I have a free period or am on a bus journey alone, its great to be able to pull out a book and get lost in the world of fiction. The book I am currently reading is 'The Fault in our Stars' By John Green. I have already read this book but it is so good I just keep reading it. If you don't have any books to read you can always read a magazine. Vogue is the current magazine in my bag. It's a great read but also useful for college when looking for photography images or fashion illustrations.
The Fault In Our Stars - http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/john+green/the+fault+in+our+stars/9378186/
So thats everything in my bag. It seems so much more writing it down than what it looks in my bag. I had some people on twitter ask for this post so I hope you guys like it. Next week Im hoping to do a collective haul post so that may be a little bit more interesting.  

Thanks for reading guys!

Oh and sorry for the crappy pictures. I changed my bedding the other day so it doesn't look the same and I was kind of in a rush to take the photos! Apologies! x





Leave a Comment

  1. How do you fit so much in that handbag haha? A solid effort xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually do not know Bianca, looking back at it now Im like omg haha xx

      Delete